Ignore the silly title, this article gives intelligent advice on deadlifts.
... and if you didn't get that lift done with correct form, and feel discomfort, this article is about evaluating lower back pain.
Deadlifts & handstand push-ups
12 minute AMRAP:
- 3 deadlifts (bars set up with male and female weights for progression to next heaviest round)
- 9 handstand push-ups (HSPU)
Bars will be set up as below:
Male deadlift weights: 135, 185, 205, 225, 265, 315, 365
Female deadlift weights: 65, 95, 135, 165, 195, 210, 235
Athletes will ALL start at the lightest weights, progressing to the bar that they can safely complete 3 reps at, they do not have to be unbroken but the athlete should be done in less than a minute.
Example of Athlete A, Female:
- 3 reps at 65#, 9 handstands...
- 3 reps at 65#, 3 reps at 95#, 9 handstands...
- 3 reps at 65#, 3 reps at 95#, 3 reps at 135#, 9 handstands...
This will continue until she can no lo longer progress up the ladder to a higher weight. Then, the athlete will continue working from 65# to 135# for the remaining time on the clock.
*This WOD will require athletes to share and share alike when working at the same weights! Go in the order stated, no picking up 235# bar right after coming off the HSPU's to save time because no one is on that bar. You know I know you ;)